Thursday, June 7, 2007

Week 1,thing 2 ; 7&1/2 Habits

First, I never did manage to see or listen to the online tutorial; there seems to be a technical glitch of some kind . So I read some other posts and discovered HCPL's very own Library Looney's post about the selfsame tutorial. The difference being that she managed to break through the castle walls and find the transcript and/or the animated tutorial. Anyway, she was also kind enough to list the habits and and so I'm using her list to answer the questions.
The easiest habit for me is to " break out of the box" for learning. I have always been fiercely independent in the the way that I approach learning. I don't like 12 step programs, paths to success, or even 7&1/2 habits... I don't have contempt for those who write thus or who like the style,(my husband loves those kinds of things and has just finished reading Russell Simmons, "Do You!")it's just not the way I like to learn. I learn from books and conversation with all kinds of people both tutored and untutored.
Using technology to my own advantage is the hardest thing for me learn. It is just so easy for me ask one of my sons to rig our computer at home or to set up the new television or to get a friend to burn that cd I like. I'm not afraid of technology but I don't find it that interesting as a thing in itself. In spite of my lack of a vital interest in technology as a thing, I have set myself to learn how to use the various tecnological tools that will be coming my way through the "23 things"

No comments: